Celebrate Arbor Day with us and contribute to the continued transformation of our very special Hikaru Mizu (shining waters) Japanese Garden.
Garden Day For Visitors
- Help us plant and spruce up our community garden.
- A special presentation from Portland Oregon Japanese Garden’s former Director of Education, Mike Miller.
- Demonstration on how to properly plant trees and perennials.
Four Rivers Cultural Center is proud to be the home of the second largest Japanese Garden in Oregon. Over the course of the last four years, we have worked to transform the garden into a healing and tranquil place for the entire community.
LIST OF ITEMS NEEDED FOR 2017
- 24- Buxus Sempervirens Boxwood ($24.99)
- 12- Juniperus Procumbens ($24.99)
- 12- Spirea Bumalda Anthony Waterer ($19.99)
- 10- Blueberry Plants ($32.99)
- 5- Arborvitae DeGroot ($110)
3- Amelanchier Serviceberry Tree ($99.99)
- 3- Dwarf Pinus Strobus ($49.99)
2- Gleditsia Shade Master ($99.99)
- Your gift will be acknowledged with a plaque on the Japanese Garden donor wall as a contributor.
- New trees and shrubs will fill in empty spaces and be placed to meet Japanese Garden design requirements.
For more information, please call 541-889-8191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org